In a recent article on MSN Money, Jeff Schnepper lists ten common tax mistakes people make, and how to avoid them. One really good way to avoid them, and relieve the stress of preparing your taxes, is to have Denny & Company, LLP, prepare your taxes for you.
His top ten list:
1. Claiming the wrong filing status
2. Omitting or using the wrong Social Security numbers
3. Failing to use the correct forms and schedules
4. Failing to sign and date the return
5. Claiming ineligible dependents
6. Misusing or not using the earned income credit
7. Losing receipts
8. Failing to report domestic workers
9. Failing to report all income
10. Failing to check for the alternative minimum tax
Follow the link above to see a further explanation of these common mistakes, or give us a call at Denny & Company, LLP (661)286-8860.
We make life less taxing.